LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) — Was it reasonable? That’s the question as LMPD investigates the officer caught on camera getting physical with a handcuffed suspect.
Now the suspect’s family is speaking out about the cell phone video.
Tewana Felton calls her tears a mixture of sadness and anger for what happened to her 19-year- old son.
“My son is a human being,” Felton said. ”A human being. He slapped him like a dog…it wasn’t no resist, no assault or trying to fight back. He was handcuffed and they beat him, slapped him.”
“I want justice,” she added.
John Sanders apparently wrote to his mother from jail describing the alleged police brutality during a robbery arrest in Old Louisville on March 31.
But Felton didn’t act on the letter, saying no one knew a neighbor captured it on video.
The LMPD officer in question, David Graham, has been with LMPD for 13 years. Now he is the center of a public integrity investigation.
“There were some issues as it relates to the reasonableness of force in that video,” said LMPD Sgt. Robert Biven.
This isn’t the first time Graham has been suspended for questionable behavior.
Personnel records do show that Graham has nearly two dozen commendations to his credit —
but he pleaded guilty in 2008 to criminal mischief after purposely popping the tire of a man’s car at a church while he was on duty.
- equalitywatch reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- theanastasiaskye reblogged this from cultureofresistance
- theanastasiaskye likes this
- moakmatulak reblogged this from cultureofresistance and added:
- rush-poppers reblogged this from cultureofresistance and added:
- 5y-tumblr reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- cultureofresistance reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- mamitah likes this
- lastroadtotruth reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- tigertwo1515 reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- equalitywatch likes this
- realworldnews reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- beatyourselfup posted this