FRESNO, Calif. (CN) - Fresno police drowned a man by Tasering and hogtying him, then sticking a garden hose “onto (his) face and mouth” when he pleaded for water, the man’s two children claim in Federal Court.
The two minor children, I.R. and H.R., claim that in the summer of 2011 Fresno police restrained their father, Raul Rosas, at a friend’s house while responding to a domestic disturbance call.
The children say their father was not armed and “had not committed a crime.”
After an altercation with a John Doe officer, police pepper-sprayed Rosas and then Tasered him a “countless number of times,” the complaint states.
The children claim their father was Tasered “for eight to ten more minutes,” then he was “hogtied with his ankles tied to his handcuffs behind his back.”
The complaint continues: “Decedent was then slammed onto a table in the residence’s backyard face down. An officer was observed with his knee on decedent’s back while decedent was hogtied, handcuffed, and face down.
“Decedent stated that he couldn’t breathe and that he needed water; an officer ran water from a hose onto decedent’s face and mouth to the point of making it more difficult for decedent to breathe. Decedent tried to move his mouth away from the water and gasp for air. A witness yelled ‘He can’t breathe, you’re drowning him,’ but the officer continued running water over decedent’s face.
“After turning the water off, the Doe Officer(s) continued to press his knee against decedent’s back and continued to put pressure on it. Witnesses repeatedly asked officers to let decedent get up because he couldn’t breathe, but their cries for help were ignored.
“By now there were in excess of 15 deputies and officers on the scene.
“After some time passed, decedent had clear spit bubbles coming out of his mouth.
“Witnesses yelled at officers that decedent was not breathing and pointed to the clear spit bubbles but again were ignored. Doe officer claimed decedent was ‘faking it.’”
“Officers, after much pleading from witnesses, checked decedent’s pulse and discovered he had stopped breathing after not feeling anything when they touched decedent’s neck.
“Decedent had his handcuffs taken off and was untied and placed on his back on the ground. After some time had passed, an officer started doing chest compressions but none of the officers administered mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to the decedent. Ultimately a witness at the scene administered CPR to decedent.
“Some time later, an ambulance arrived and took over trying to revive decedent.”
Rosas’ children are represented by Brian Claypool of Pasadena.
They seek punitive damages for wrongful death, unreasonable search and seizure, due process violations, supervisory liability, negligence, battery, and violation of the Bane Act.
Seriously… right in front of his children, they murdered him. Cops get off on this type of abuse. They love it. These stories just reinforce my hatred for police.
- voguedissent reblogged this from siddharthasmama
- jasmineisaflower reblogged this from afrodeiiity and added:
- estele-bryan reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- therealashleydionne likes this
- roserobert likes this
- americanwanderlust reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- schrodingerscatisdead likes this
- grokeseverywhere reblogged this from muslimrave
- grokeseverywhere likes this
- muslimrave reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- unabrogable reblogged this from fappier-than-thou
- thelyonrampant reblogged this from fappier-than-thou
- intellectualhoodrat reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- mscami reblogged this from pinkichigo-sama
- dandyasfuck reblogged this from pinkichigo-sama
- pinkichigo-sama reblogged this from gatsby-eyes
- itsnotsayruh reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- archmagepanda reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- fappier-than-thou reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- regulateddiscord reblogged this from ryouverua
- ryouverua reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- aimsme reblogged this from crystalsavestheday and added:
- carladoll6 reblogged this from empressmo
- nuestrasenoradeputazos reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- crystalsavestheday reblogged this from youarenotyou and added:
- empressmo reblogged this from jordanrock
- pelomyxa reblogged this from meimagino
- mudratmark likes this
- meimagino reblogged this from nothingtoosensible
- amyleona likes this
- deepseafission reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- brad-t reblogged this from beatyourselfup
- expireminds likes this
- herbmana likes this
- fyeahsledgehammer likes this
- majormayur reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- occupydfw reblogged this from nevertrustahappybl0g
- occupydfw likes this
- clearisthydespair likes this
- nevertrustahappybl0g reblogged this from lordofnocturne
- nansolo likes this
- flowerspatterson likes this
- lordofnocturne reblogged this from michi-at-midnight
- gatsby-eyes reblogged this from michi-at-midnight
- michi-at-midnight reblogged this from anarchistmom
- teaandcrumpets reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- crajeekrn reblogged this from thesampark
- senatorskoshie reblogged this from atomicfirefly and added:
- ohfuckitszombieoprah reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- courtm100 reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias